Alison McGhee is the award-winning author of books for all ages, including Song of Middle C, illustrated by Scott Menchin; the #1 New York Times bestseller Someday, illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds; the young adult novel All Rivers Flow to the Sea; and the adult novel Shadow Baby, a Today Show Book Club selection. She lives in Minnesota.
10 Things You May Not Know About Alison McGhee
- 10. Her favorite vowel is e, unless you count y as a vowel, in which case it's y.
- 9. She is so prone to seasickness that she once barfed off the end of her Windsurfer.
- 8. She grew up in a house heated by a single woodstove in the kitchen. Brrrr.
- 7. When she was eleven, she became obsessed with free throws. Her personal best is 111 in a row (through a nonregulation hoop nailed up to the side of a barn).
- 6. She is terrible at both karaoke and miniature golf.
- 5. She reads the comics every day.
- 4. She refuses to eat Chinese food without chopsticks. It just doesn't taste right.
- 3. She has slept through the entire night only once that she remembers, when she was nine years old.
- 2. She can bend her fingers backwards so that her hands look like ladles.
- 1. She sometimes leaves a quarter in a gum machine so that you will have a happy surprise when you find it there.